I am a third generation Entrepreneur, Rotarian, Waterfed proponent and manufacturer, resident of Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA... I am a husband, father, brother, son, neighbor, Realtor® and Property Manager who resides in the Indian Creek Hills subdivision of our community. We are part of the Cedar Rapids community: Live, Work, Learn and Play. We are interested in networking, friendship, business, service and sport. Welcome to my blog and personal journal ...

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Character Counts: Happy Father's Day ...


We recently had an opportunity to spend time with my father here at our home in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My parents were back in Cedar Rapids recently to celebrate my mother's 80Th birthday. My father moved to the area, when he was 9 months old. I was born and raised here in Cedar Rapids. I left the state to go to college. In my junior year, I met my wife at Creighton University. We met twenty-five years ago in August. We returned to my hometown in 1988. Our three children are fourth generation residents of the State of Iowa.

Character Counts in Iowa
  • Trustworthiness

  • Respect

  • Responsibility

  • Fairness

  • Caring

  • Citizenship

CHARACTER COUNTS! In Iowa is a project of the Institute for Character Development. The organization's Vision is that "Every Iowan will embrace and practice good character by demonstrating trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship."

I am new to social networking for the most part. On Twitter, one of the friends I enjoy following is Character Counts. I am proud to say that my father carried the above set of values. Happy Father's Day Dad and thank you for your character. Further, may this post go out as a Happy Father's Day to all.

Have a great day! One final note on Character Counts... The 4-Way Test of the things we think, say or do.

peace

Robin Tucker

No comments: