I am a third generation Entrepreneur, Rotarian, Waterfed proponent and manufacturer, resident of Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA... I am a husband, father, brother, son, neighbor, Realtor® and Property Manager who resides in the Indian Creek Hills subdivision of our community. We are part of the Cedar Rapids community: Live, Work, Learn and Play. We are interested in networking, friendship, business, service and sport. Welcome to my blog and personal journal ...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My thoughts and prayers are with Ed Thomas and those who knew this fine man ...

I never knew coach Ed Thomas personally from Parkersburg, but all I can say it is a deep loss to our State and the better good to witness the recent news about his tragic murder. I'll let someone that knew him better explain this sad and tragic day.

"This is a tragic loss for everyone that knew Coach Thomas and our entire
state. He was a highly respected educator, coach, mentor and a strong leader in
the community, as well as the coaching community throughout Iowa. Ed loved
his family and his work, and was an outstanding, selfless person who has impacted
countless lives in a very positive way. Our entire staff and team extend
our deepest sympathies to the Thomas family and the community of
Parkersburg."-
Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz
I have a client who is from Parkersburg. After the tragic tornado last year and now this tragic loss to the community now, it's certainly been a sad day from my prospective.

peace

No comments: