I am a third generation Entrepreneur, Rotarian, Waterfed proponent and manufacturer, resident of Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA... I am a husband, father, brother, son, neighbor, Realtor® and Property Manager who resides in the Indian Creek Hills subdivision of our community. We are part of the Cedar Rapids community: Live, Work, Learn and Play. We are interested in networking, friendship, business, service and sport. Welcome to my blog and personal journal ...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reflecting on the death and life of Michael Jackson, Civil Rights and acceptance ...


It's been a surreal week with the tragedy in Parkersburg to being very busy at work to the news of the King of Pop passing at age 50.

I attended a Civil Rights Conference on Fair Housing all day on Thursday, June 25, 2009 in Cedar Rapids. After the conference, I heard shortly after the conference had ended that Michael Jackson had died.

Michael Jackson was a music icon and a superstar during my high school and college years. His impact in the development and success of MTV was huge. From the Jackson 5 to Thriller, some wonderful memories. I remember listening to his music from the Off the Wall album during my first paid job doing color darkroom work.

Michael Jackson clearly had a positive impact on acceptance from fans and members of various cultures. His music crossed racial and cultural lines. I always remember him as a young talent from Gary, Indiana.

peace

No comments: