I am a third generation Entrepreneur, Rotarian, Waterfed proponent and manufacturer, resident of Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA... I am a husband, father, brother, son, neighbor, Realtor® and Property Manager who resides in the Indian Creek Hills subdivision of our community. We are part of the Cedar Rapids community: Live, Work, Learn and Play. We are interested in networking, friendship, business, service and sport. Welcome to my blog and personal journal ...

Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's My Sister's Anniversary and I am approaching an anniversary of sorts myself ...


My sister Marcia, who resides in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband Chester and our niece, Jennifer, celebrate their 28Th wedding anniversary on June 27, 2009. Marcia graduated from the University of Iowa. She is a former member of Up With People. In the early days of the Super Bowl, if you are old enough to remember, where the lead performing act at halftime. How things have changed.

My parents, while we were growing up, sponsored some members of Up With People, when they performed in our community. It's a group that I haven't thought about in ages, but with my sister's anniversary, I thought we would share with everyone.

We celebrate an anniversary of sorts next week. On July 2, 2007, we celebrate a decision I once made, so I thought I would reflect on it. I likely have a few more blog readers today, than I did back in '07.

It's funny to reflect on my sister's anniversary. The week of her wedding was hot, as the high was around 119 degrees. Of course, she wasn't married in our hometown.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the coming Fourth of July wherever you may be.

No comments: